dinsdag 26 oktober tijdens de DDW in LCM 10.00-16.00 uur:
inschrijven kan via email@example.com (kosten voor studenten geen, overig 10 euro), aantal plaatsen beschikbaar 12, (vol is vol)
AROMASCAPE OF EINDHOVEN workshop
What do you smell if you walk around the City of Eindhoven? In this project you are going to explore Eindhoven on the level of smell.
What is it that we are smelling, what does it make you imagine, what does it make you feel? This course will deal with these questions .
The workshop will first focus on fieldwork and on observing the environment with the olfactory sense. You will smell a lot and learn how to communicate about smell with others, using a basic vocabulary for analyzing and expressing the character of a smell. We will map the smell and texts and create [AROMASCAPE OF Eindhoven]
Secondly we will extract smells from these smelly materials: cheese burgers, old books, rubber tyres, flowers, soup, etc. You will learn how to do this yourself (in the most simple way).
(1) List at least 10 scents that you've smelled in the city. Note date & time and street name.
(2) From the listed scents above, bring at least 3 smelly materials to the workshop for extraction.
How much should you bring? For example,
- fallen leaves ---> 1 liter = medium size plastic bag/ziplock = equals to ''druk and sluit' 15cm x 18cm
- cheese burger---> 1 or 2
- fresh organics like strawberry ---> 1 package
- dust of the street ---> medium size plastic bag/ziplock = equals to ''druk and sluit' 15cm x 18cm
- fresh flowers --- 1 liter = medium size plastic bag/ziplock = equals to 'druk and sluit' 15cm x 18cm
* the material has to be quite SMELLY!!!