SMELL x ILLUSION: making

05.16. Sun.

Back from Japan.

05.17. Mon.

・purchase some raw aroma ingredients at Labstuff
・talk over the project with Used Compressors
・talk over the project with CBK

05.18. Tue.

・13:00 Tank and compressors arrive.
・13:00 Assistant Oxalis arrive, meeting
・14:00 Preparations of sprays with Oxalis.
・16:00 CBK staff carries 1 compressor and 2 tanks (270 liter x 2) to the starting point of the boat.



・Fulling of the air tanks. Somehow it didnt' want to fill more than 5 bar... but we managed to fill it up to 8 bar.

・ 17:00 Load in the tanks on board.


・17:30 Start. Spraying 18 scents over 45 min.

・18:15 Back.

・19:00 Pre-celebration with Oxalis



05.19.(水)

In the morning, I received 6 raw ingredients from Omega Ingredients. The top quality of flavour of the world! I've adjusted the strength of the scents.



And further I've done shopping for extracting some smell.

Speculaas spices: the must have spice mix for the Dutch.



I've tried to extract the smell of the sea with diverse sorts of sea weed from Japan. Somehow water-base didn't work so I've made alcohol-base extract.





Extracting BBQ chicken.





Extracting the smell of 'patat' - the french fries. It's also the must have smell for the Dutch.





Extracting pizza smell.






The left one is the extract from pizza, and the right one is the extract from BBQ chicken.

Selecting which liquor smell to use. (I'm not drinking...)


I decided to use Robijn for the smell of washed clothes.


I wanted to have the smell of Surinam's Toko in the line. So I've extracted from the smoked fish.
(in the end it turned to the smell of smoked salmon)




05.20. Thu

Continued extraction works.



Composing the smell of forest. But it didn't work in the air.




With watching the video documentation of the boat trip, I've made a 'smelly' scenario.



05.21. Fri
In the morning - preparing my body and mind with yoga
19:30 premier!

Comments

Popular Posts