Projectweek 12/10/2009 - 16/10/2009
Willem de Kooning Art Academy, Rotterdam, NL
It's the final presentation of a week-long workshop that I've been giving this week.
The theme of the assignment:
How to confuse the sense of smell and/or taste, by means of the visual sense?
(1) presentation by Sanne
- How it looks: a necklace, the keepsake from her grand-ma , with a smell in it.
- How it smells: the smell of grand-ma: lilac, tobacco, and pee
The smell does not associate with the 'sweet image' of grand-ma. She used the gap between image and reality.
(2) presentation by Annouk
- how it looks: white mushroom (champignon)
- hot it smells: coconut
- how it tastes: brown mushroom (kastanienchampignon)
- how it looks: normal cake
- how it smells and tastes: Brussels Sprout... :-)
(3) presentation by Anne + Krista
- how it looks: a coffee shop (coffee shop in Holland is where you can get mariwana, not coffee.)
- how it smells (in the bag): oregano
The visual presentation was very well-done.
(4) presentation by Kirsten
- how it looks: meat
- how it smells: fish (!!!)
She made meat (sate) that smells like fish. Very simple work but there needs a lot of experiments, and she did it very well.