- food art workshop in restaurant setup -
@ Lantaren Vesnter, Rotterdam
presented by: Camera Japan Festival
WELCOME DISH / お通し
for the sensory sounds
with the hearing sense muted / amplified
PLEASE WEAR THE EARPLUGS
- rice crackers with aonori seaweeds 青海苔せんべい
- fermented miso natto with cucumber (morokyu) もろきゅう
- fried noodles (age somen) 揚げそうめん
- seaweed salad わかめサラダ
- fried buckwheat sticks (soba karinto) そばかりんとう
- fresh soybeans (edamame) 枝豆
- pickls (kojizuke, family recipe) 麹漬け（上田家秘伝）
- mixed nuts ミックスナッツ
APPETIZER / 前菜
taste & smell experiments
1. smell the MISO SOUP PERFUME with the paper (or spray it into your mouth if you like)
MISO SOUP PERFUME is distilled miso soup. It's transparet, but contains the flavours.
See from time to time how the charactor of smell changes.
- top note (green onion)
- middle note (shitake / kombu)
- last note (miso)
2. Taste the (real) miso soup.
MAIN DISH / 主菜
PLEASE WEAR THE BLINDFOLD
You will get exactly the same dish twice!
- blind folded
- use your hands
- take off the blindfold
- use the chopsticks
DESSERT / デザート
surprising ice creams
PLEASE WEAR THE BLINDFOLD AND EARPLUGS
Green Tea for flavour pairing
Spray the orange juice perfume into your mouth, then taste the green tea.
"Food combines well when they have major components in common"
: the concept widely accepted in the molecular gastronomy scene
Misae Endo & Maria